MBA in Germany – Universities, Colleges & Fees
For students looking to pursue higher education, Germany is quickly rising to the top of the list. There are many factors that contribute to it being the preferred option, including the top-notch technology, research opportunities, and affordable education. Although engineering continues to be the most popular major among students, management courses are also becoming more popular in the business world.
For instance, studying for an MBA in Germany has gained popularity among international students all over the world. Germany may be an option for students who want to pursue a management degree after earning their bachelor’s. The main influencing factors are strong academic performance, reasonably priced MBA in Germany tuition, straightforward MBA in Germany eligibility, etc.
As a result, we will assist you in learning everything there is to know about MBA in Germany and MBA universities there, including their requirements, price, best colleges, salary and more.
Why Study MBA in Germany?
Let’s start by comprehending why you should think about enrolling in MBA programmes at German universities:
- Unusual course design: When compared to MBA programmes around the globe, the MBA in Germany for Indian students offers countless opportunities for hands-on learning and individual electives.
- Research exposure: Since German MBA programmes place a strong emphasis on research, you’ll be exposed to a variety of real-world situations to help you develop your analytical thinking and decision-making abilities.
- Flexibility: Most MBA programmes at German universities give students the option of taking the programme full- or part-time. Because of this option, students can easily pursue a Germany MBA and pay the Germany MBA tuition.
- Future Employability: Germany has one of Europe’s largest economies. The best multinational corporations may offer employment opportunities to students who graduate from local MBA programmes. In Germany, an MBA is one of the top 3 most lucrative degrees.
- Affordability: You can enroll in a free MBA programme at some public universities in Germany. The best MBA schools, on the other hand, are private and may charge for their MBA programmes. Despite this, earning an MBA in Germany is still less expensive than doing so in the UK or the USA. There are numerous MBA colleges in Germany in the nation, and they have provided for the financial requirements of various types of international students.
Top MBA Schools in Germany
Of course, there are countless MBA schools in Germany. We have compiled a list of the best business schools in Germany so you can quickly narrow your choices:
Berlin School of Business and Innovation
It is Germany’s top-ranked business school. There are primarily two types of MBA programmes available. The development of business skills and preparing the applicant for employment on a global scale are the main objectives of these programmes. Students who pursue a Global MBA have the freedom to look for business opportunities around the world and manage the challenges associated with those opportunities. The reasonable German MBA fees that BSBI offers in comparison to other universities are another reason why it is a popular choice among international students.
GISMA Business School
GISMA provides two MBA degrees. The courses emphasize developing management, strategic planning, operational, and business control skills. GISMA is one of the top MBA schools in Germany and offers a flexible MBA programme. One can enroll in a 1-year full-time MBA programme on campus in Germany, a 2-year part-time programme at Potsdam, or an online MBA programme.
Mannheim Business School
The University of Mannheim’s Mannheim Business School offers two distinct full-time MBA programmes. This is one of the best options if you’re looking for a public university in Germany that offers an MBA programme. Students have the opportunity to learn the best management techniques in this course, which has a stellar reputation around the world.
European School of Management and Technology (ESMT)
The general management electives in the ESMT MBA programme are combined with electives in technology, innovation, and international business. The emphasis is on business innovation, general management, and leadership. Additional specializations in managerial analytics, innovation and entrepreneurship, or strategic leadership are available.
HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management
In addition to being one of the best business schools in Germany, HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management also has international rankings. HHL has more than 140 partner institutions, double degrees are an option, and you can even complete a term abroad. According to statistics, graduates who leave this institution will earn 93% more money. As a result, it provides one of Germany’s top MBA programmes.
Requirements and Eligibility for an MBA in Germany
The qualifications and admission standards for an MBA in Germany can differ from one university to the next. However, the majority of MBA colleges demand certain common eligibility for Indian students seeking an MBA in Germany:
Germany MBA Eligibility Requirements
The following qualifications are typically required for MBA admission at German business schools:
- A 1-year master’s degree and a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. A 3-year bachelor’s degree is rarely accepted by universities in Germany for MBA programmes.
- Some German business schools may require valid GMAT or GRE scores. It is possible to apply for an MBA in Germany without the GMAT because the majority of German universities only require a TOEFL score.
- IELTS, TOEFL, and PTE scores are required as evidence of English language proficiency for Indian students applying for MBA programmes in Germany. Colleges also favor students who have a basic command of the German language.
- Good grades, with a minimum overall academic score of 60%.
- For those interested in an MBA programme in Germany, some universities also require an entrance exam.
- For some MBA programmes, a minimum of 2 to 5 years of work experience may be required. Additionally, many universities in Germany require an MBA to be admitted.
Required Documents for an MBA in Germany
You must submit the following paperwork in order to be eligible for an MBA in Germany:
- Completed Application form of the desired University
- Transcript of Studies to Date
- Letter of Motivation
- Updated Résumé
- GMAT /GRE scores
- IELTS / TOEFL / PTE scores
- Entrance exams scores if required
- Evidence of at least Four to Five Years of Work Experience ( number of years varies according to the university)
- Student Health Insurance Certificate
- Most Current Photo (as for ID)
- German Student Visa
Cost of Studying MBA in Germany
Depending on whether one chooses a public or private university in Germany, the cost of an MBA programme varies considerably. As a result, we have divided the MBA tuition fees in Germany into two categories: public and private.
Public universities in Germany generally cost around 20000 to 40000 EUR, while for Private universities the cost goes as low as 10000 EUR and as high as 35000 EUR.
There are other costs to consider in addition to tuition when studying for an MBA in Germany. Managing all of a student’s living expenses is crucial for an international student. Although the whole thing might seem intimidating at first, preparation and advance planning can go a long way. To assist you, the following is a breakdown of your monthly living costs:
|Particular||Cost per month|
|Semester social charges||70 EUR|
|Health Insurance||70 EUR|
|Study material||30 EUR|
|Wifi and telephone charges||33 EUR|
Job Prospects After MBA Study in Germany
Germany has recently become a haven for MBA students. For an MBA student who has just finished his course in Germany and is looking for work, it is a treasure trove due to its more or less stable economy and the lack of qualified local graduates.
Universities in Germany claim that graduates with an MBA degree land a job as soon as three months after the course ends and make an average salary of at least 55,000 Euros.
Due to its high standard of instruction, diverse faculty, program’s global applicability (since the majority of courses are MBA in Germany with English instruction), and many other factors, Germany is quickly becoming renowned for its MBA programme.